Solace for the Children provides medical care, as well as education and leadership development for the children of war-torn countries. Since 1997, our organization has been inspiring volunteers to take children in to their homes and see that they have their critical medical needs met. In doing so, we are bridging cultural divides and building peace within communities, at home and abroad.
Mission: Solace for the Children’s mission is building peace on a foundation of health by establishing international partnerships providing medical care, education and leadership development for the children of war-torn countries.
Wherever children are affected by war, Solace will offer the children healing and tools for bringing lasting peace, beginning with the children of Afghanistan.
- Demonstrating love through practical action
- Building respect and peace across all boundaries
- Safeguarding the physical, educational, and emotional well-being of children
- Developing a motivated and satisfied volunteer base
- Encouraging partnership and collaboration both locally and internationally
- Emphasizing continuous improvement
- Maintaining high standard of integrity
- Long term health and safety of children
- Quality staff and volunteers
- Strong international partners
- Effective and Efficient Operations