Become a Volunteer for Solace for The Children
Solace depends on an army of volunteers who donate resources of time, energy, personal skills, financial gifts and medical expertise. Beginning in 1996 as a local organization, Solace is now expanding to locations in 7 states. More than 2,000 active volunteers serve the needs of Afghan children through Solace Programs in 2015.
Becoming A Volunteer: What You Need To Know:
Solace for the Children Volunteers can offer much-needed support to our program and host families by:
- Providing financial assistance with travel, visas, insurance and other miscellaneous expenses, and/or sponsoring a child’s education
- Donating winter clothing (in excellent condition), new underwear, and large, well-used suitcases with wheels
- Supplying welcome bags of toiletries, photo albums and other gifts
- Collecting items for humanitarian aid, such as over-the-counter medical supplies, toothbrushes, etc.
- Organizing recreational outings
- Soliciting donations of tickets, coupons, etc. from local businesses
- Helping with thank you notes to donors
Individuals interested in a higher level of involvement are encouraged to consider hosting a child or starting a branch of Solace For The Children in their town.
Currently Available Volunteer Applications